Old ladies on motorcycles & too much water

Yesterday I received a call from Ry which throughly confused me. I answered the phone and almost before I got a hello out he says, "Did you tell Livvy she could get a motorcycle when she's 16?" Now much as I love motorcycles I was quite sure I had not even talked with her about them. As much as I confused about his questions, Ry was probably even more confused as I just started laughing. After swimming yesterday a grandma pulled out of the parking lot in from of us on a scooter, Liv was ecstatic!! She began telling she was going to need a pink one, I was getting a princess one, and dad could get a batman one. I was enjoying the excitement lighting up her face, but told her she needed to be 16 to have one because you have to drive them on the road. Her response was a very non-combative, "Okay". And thus is born the tell of mom saying she could have a motorcycle.



Now this next story needs a little background. First you need to know my loving husband has an odd fetish with having the shower one WHENEVER he is in the bathroom, showering or not. (We also listen to a rain CD while we go to sleep, but that's another story.) The second thing you need to know is I was miserably sick ALL weekend and have still had a slight headache from to much kneeling on the bathroom floor and putting my face where no face was meant to be. Get the picture?? Also from work and trying to get some school work done my anxiety levels were starting to hit my breaking point last night. Got all that?? I know it was TMI for me too :)

As I have a fabulous hubby who knows sometimes I just need to left to fall asleep in my recliner reading or watching one of my many favorite movies, Ry graciously decided to let Liv snuggle last night and put her to sleep. Fine with me! Wonderful. After goodnight kisses, hugs and prayer off to bed they went, leaving me with my book. As I was deeply engrossed in my reading I became aware of my child calling my name. I looked over and could see her little eyes looking at me over the wall from the stairs.

"What's the matter?" I asked thinking she was just trying to get another hug and kiss and avoid bed.

With all the drama of a first rate actress, one hand her hip the other palm up moving frantically as she talked, "Mom there was too much water and the towel was heavy. Now I'm all wet and it's just a big mess and you better come" (deep breath) "because it's just a mess and I need new jammies and I'm sorry!"

Supressing a grin I followed her up the stairs and into my bathroom. I found Ry brushing his teeth looking as tired as I felt, a bath tub close to over flowing, and one large wet spot on the floor. When I asked what happened it appeared Ry had gone into his ritual of turning on the shower while getting ready for bed and Liv had decided to wash her hands. However, the plug was in and the tub quickly filled up, the towel fell in, became quite heavy and Liv tried to get it out, splashing water all over into the carpet. You may think with my anxiety that I lost it. However, due to how the situation was first presented to me by an over-dramatic 4 year old, I just laughed. Apparently, the Lord knows even a "big mess" can bring us a smile.

4 comments:

teriandbristol said...

She is so funny! She did so good at swimming today. I'm so proud of her!

Amber Miyake said...

What fun stories! :) I hope that you are feeling better! p.s. I want in on the motorcycle action too! hee hee!
-Amber

Sarah said...

She is such a character. It would be hard not to laugh when she presented it like that. How funny!

Sarah said...

Oh I almost forgot. Valane's jaw is doing really well. He's had the rubber bands off for 2 weeks now. All is well and good. We're glad it's behind us.