Last night Olivia and I spent the evening together as Natalie went to a concert with
Josh Gracin, Collin Raye, and Joe Nichols (sp??). We had so much fun
putting together puzzles and playing games like Memory and Uno Spin.
She was nice enough to let me let her watch The Backyardigans through
the evening as well. She and I watched the last episode just before bedtime, and
she was cuddling me so tight that I believe I lost all feeling in my right arm (which
made me think of the Brad Paisley song). She just kept telling me that she was a
snugglebug and so she couldn't help how tight she was squeezing my arm. It was
one of my favorite nights I've spent with her. In addition, she loves her two grandmothers
very much. She insisted that I call her grandma all evening long. When I would forget
and call her Olivia, she would politely correct me and remind me that she is grandma
Olivia. She even carried around the instruction sheet from the Uno game we opened
last night, and she told me they were her instructions for how to be a grandma. I was
going to ask her what she meant, but decided sometimes as a dad you have to just
cut your losses and smile. So thanks to my dear old and feable grandma Livvy for a
fun evening.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I'm still laughing! What a great story! Livvy is such a character! Excuse me Grandma Livvy. HA HA HA! Kids make it all worth it, don't they?!
Seems like you guys had a fun night. Bristol made my dad go on lots of bike rides with him. I love Liv, she has such a personality on her. I will have to call her grandma next time I see her. She doesn't happen to have an instruction manual on being a mom, does she? I could really use that sometimes...
This is pretty much the most adorable post ever. I love kids and love Good Daddies.
Post a Comment