The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson
Forced Empathy for a Husband…
Sometimes I get so busy during the ebb and flow of the day that I forget to truly empathize with the suffering of those around me. My wife has had a headache off and on for the last two weeks. I would tell her that I am sorry, but that was about as far as it went. Fortunately nature has a wonderful way of helping us become more empathetic. I went to bed last evening at six o’clock because of a horrible tension headache. I could hardly move my head at all. I also was very sick and needing to throw up, but not wanting to because of how bad the motion would hurt my head. Suffice it to say that I will be more genuinely empathetic toward my wife and those who are not feeling well. My wife is so great at caring for and about others in a heartfelt way. It is one of the characteristics that I admire the most about her. At least yesterday was more fun at work because Russell returned after a one day sabbatical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment