We have a new neighborhood pet.....or pest, depending on how you look at it. Someone has lost a bunny and it has taken up residence on our street, but more appropriately in my backyard!! (If anyone from the ward is reading this and knows someone whose bunny is lost PLEASE TELL THEM WHERE IT IS!!) Now I know you are all thinking, "It's just a bunny. What's it going to do?". It probably won't do anything, but I really don't want a backyard full of bunny poop!! The first night it was in our yard Ryan thought we should just let Winston out and he would chase it back under the fence. I agreed. Winston was pushed out the door and we all stood with faces pressed against the patio door waiting to see what would happen. After smelling around for a minute Winston caught the bunny's scent and headed toward it. He got about 6 inches away and stuck his paw out. Just as this happened the now fierce rabbit turns on him and jumps with its front paws outstretched. Winston then high tails it back onto the back porch looking at us with longing eyes to be let back in the house. I wish we had recorded it. He is such a wimp. Finally, I went outside and chased/netted/picked up/and shooed the stupid thing back out the gate. After which, I very quickly closed up any holes with some bricks and Liv's old stair gate. However, the bunny out smarted us and somehow keeps getting back in the yard!! I'm going to call animal control. And just in case you are wondering, if a bunny doesn't want to be held it scratches worse than a cat while it has a seizure in your arms!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment