Parades, Quilts & Rodeo...The Only Way to Celebrate Pioneers

We had such a fun Pioneer Day this year. I know I'm a little behind in getting this updated, but since this is my cyber scrapbook, better late than never!!!!
Our morning started out hanging out on Main Street waiting for the parade to start.

Good thing Daddy always remembers to grab the iPod, apparently watching cars drive by doesn't keep Liv entertained for long.


Livvy thought this pink tractor was great.



Captain Hook made an appearance along with Smee, Peter & Tinkerbell. However, only the great captain took the time to stop and pose for a picture!!



This fox is the mascot for the Flash, which is the Semi-Pro Team for the Jazz (I think). He came over and Liv was kind of excited to see him, but then he kept trying to pretend fight with Ryan because of his Laker's jersey, which scared Liv. I wanted to kick him!!! It was really kind of annoying.After the parade Ry went to the gym to get in his daily exercise. While he did that Liv and I ventured over to the Outdoor Quilt Show. It was actually pretty cool. They hold it at a location right down on Main Street that has actual cabins of the people who first settled Spanish Fork.

This was one of my favorite quilts. It had the most beautiful needle work. Maybe some day I will esteem to this quality of work. I loved all the different crazy squares, which I have heard my Aunt Joan is great at making. I better go get some lessons.
Liv had lots of fun. She rode a pig, tested out an old swing, visited the cobbler, praticed her roping and riding skills , visited the outhouse and found out her house is a lot bigger than the pioneers ever dreamed of.After all that fun we walked around the corner and found out pioneers and princesses can be neighbors.
We entered a drawing to win this adorable castle playset, but they have never called us and so they probably never will. Livvy had a great time playing on it though.
After such a filled morning we went home and napped for a bit. Then we made another carni stop. This time with Grandma Jan, Aunt Heather, and Riley. They had a lot of fun while the adults melted!! At the end of the day Liv and I went to the rodeo with my fam. It was a lot of fun. Livvy really enjoyed the bronc riding...who doesn't? Liv just waiting for another horse to come entertain her.My sis-in-law Kim being ever so excited for her first rodeo with us. The heat made things so pleasant :)My cousin TJ and my nephew Tag. TJ was great at keeping Tag entertained for a bit :)Jaelan and Livvy just enjoying a bev Most of my family who was with us. We all pretty much sat on one row this year so we were spread WAY out. My fam ends at the cowboy hat that is barely visible.My granny and my Dad, keeping his grandchildren entertained. Doesn't Mallory look so tired?And of course, the best part of the rodeo BULL RIDING!! If I remember correctly this guy is from Payson, UT and is currently ranked number 2 in the world. It was pretty fun to watch him.

2 comments:

teriandbristol said...

looks like a fun day. That quilt is pretty cute.

Sarah said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!