We have decided that for all the hard work Liv does in our house she should receive an allowance. It's very important to teach children proper saving and spending habits. (Don't you love how I talk as if I have any clue about those concepts!) So here is Livvy with her allowance for the week. She was so excited!!!

She does such good work. I really thought the reward would help her stick to picking her toys up off the living room floor & remembering to feed the dog. I know I would have done as much for such a magnificent allowance.

Okay, you're right. I didn't give my child a wad of hundreds and twenties for an allowance. She was at work with me when someone paid cash for the balance on their account. She was very curious about this money that mom kept telling her she couldn't touch. She often finds $1 bills at home and no one seems to have a problem with her taking those. The concept of money was totally lost as I tried to explain that $100 is a lot more than $1. Needless to say all the money went straight to the bank, even though she thought just taking one wouldn't matter.
3 comments:
Hey, if you think getting rid of just one more of those bills wouldn't hurt anything... I sure would like one! I'm with you Liv!
I want one too. : )
That picture is so cute! Um... I was wondering - can I come work for you & get an allowance like Liv?! Puhlease!! Tee hee!
-Amber
Post a Comment