Yesterday was a slightly emotional day (to say the least). I am a week late for the first time in 4 months and was having major cramps, but just in case a miracle had occured I didn't want to take meds. The pain got to the point that Ry insisted I go get a pregnancy test. It was negative and I proceeded to fall apart for the rest of the day. However, with support from awesome family and friends, and with the goofiness of my daughter and husband I have pulled through. I thought some of you should get a look into the weird things we converse about in our home.
On the way to work we, as we often do, were talking about when we finally have a baby. The following was our conversation.
Liv: I just want a baby sister.
Dad: What if we get a boy?
Liv: No Dad. I think Jesus will only be sending us one baby. It will be a girl and we will call her Emily (her favorite girl train on Thomas). Jesus is just sending the boys other places.
Dad: Oh.
Olivia also told Mary D (not to be confused with Mary L, who use to be Mary B. Got all that?) that if we did get a boy we would just send it back and ask for a girl instead.
After my walk I had commented on seeing a family in the ward also walking down the river trail. They have an unusual last name and This is Ryan's spout from where the name Perkins came from.
Ryan: You see the origin of our names comes from liking cats?
Me: What?
Ryan: Well we were descendents of a certain family so we are their "kin", but people also noticed how much our ancestors liked cats because when they would great each other they would peerrrrrr. So that's how we became the Perkins.
Me: I am not even going to acknowledge you just said that.
Ryan: Why? Aren't you interested in the origin of our last name and our ancestors?
I just rolled my eyes.
On a last note to all of you Percy Jackson fans (if you haven't read this series DO IT!!) I couldn't sleep the other night and randomly came across a show on food network talking about how they are not any truly blue foods that occur naturally. I found it very ironic as I had just finished reading about Percy's blue birthday cake :)
Once again, thanks everyone for your love!!! It means the world to me.
4 comments:
Oh Nat!!!! I'm so, so sorry that you had such a rough day. I'm sorry that you didn't feel well & that the test was negative. I wish I could just give you a big hug! :)
I love how Livvy says if you get a boy you will just send him back! She is such a cutie! And that's interesting about the blue food thing you saw on food network! Aren't the Percy Jackson books so good?! I love you Cuz! :)
I'm so sorry to hear about your day yesterday, and I wish that there was something that I could do. Hang in there!
Sorry you had a hard day, I had a similar one a couple weeks ago. They totally SUCK! But things will work out, that what I keep telling myself! Your daughter is so cute though! Kids can give so much comfort!
So sorry to hear your news! I'm so jealous you got to go to a Jazz game! Dave & I LOVE the jazz & when we lived in Utah we would always try to go to a game usually with my family, because my dad is the BIGGEST jazz fan I've ever met! Hang in there!! We're thinking of you guys & prayers are with you!
Post a Comment