Consumed by guilt and holiday spirit

Oh friends....you must forgive me. We started singing Christmas songs in primary this week and my Christmas spirit has been set free. I am still giving Thanksgiving its much needed love, but well......there is sort of a Christmas tree in my front room.

My mom got this tree for me and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I love that it is narrow and doesn't take up oodles of space and hey it's prelit and free :) THANKS MOM!!!!

And of course, we have a lovely AWESOME new painting!! I think this is his very best. I absolutely love it. Now we just have to rearrange the walls and figure out where they are all going to go.
















4 comments:

Peterson Family Fun said...

That is fantastic. You know what I love the most about this post? Directly beneath it is a post talking about how you will absolutely not put up your tree until the turkey has been eaten. That's great! :) I'm a big stickler for waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to pull out the Christmas, but I did cave a teensy bit and have been listening to Christmas music in the car. It's the weather. It doesn't feel like the holiday season so I have to do something... haha or I'm just justifying. Love ya! - Heather

Sarah said...

You are too funny! I"m always way excited to put up the tree. I actually started playing christmas music for the boys yesterday.

Your tree looks great and so does Ryan's new painting!

teriandbristol said...

I love Ry's new painting. And, we refuse to ignore turkey day, my butt!!! :)

Amber Miyake said...

Tee hee! That cracks me up! Don't get me wrong - I think you can still appreciate & enjoy Thanksgiving while being excited for Christmas at the same time! But my opinion on this might not count for much since I sometimes listen to Christmas music in July... I really like your tree! It's so pretty! Have a great Turkey Day!! And get ready for some Nutcracker Fantasy! (boo ya!)