We refuse to ignore Turkey Day......

Why can you only find Thanksgiving decor around Halloween and as soon as it's November 1st it's all replaced with Christmas??? It's disturbing. And to make my point further, without Thanksgiving there would be no day for everyone to get together and decide what to fight for on the biggest shopping day of the year. Why have we abandon this great holiday?? Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas!!! It is my favorite time of year. In fact, I may put my tree up on Thanksgiving, but not after eating my Turkey!!! This is my porch tribute to Thanksgiving
Isn't that sign cute? The other side has a jack-o-lantern so it has a duel holiday purpose $7!!!

Gotta love the Dollar Store. Olivia has named the scarecrow Phoebe, after her friend she use to go to daycare with.


Here is an awesome display of Ry's latest works. He is AWESOME!!!

These first 2 we framed in old window frames from my work. They look really good. The darker tree on the bottom one is actually painted on the glass, along with the brighter swirl thing.

This frame is so neat. D.I. $2!! We are thrift shoppers!!

This one has yet to be framed. I love it. He almost painted over it, but changed his mind.

Since we are displaying Ry's talents here is a picture of one of my own new talents.

Yep, building a train track. You may laugh, but people it is no easy feat to build on of these things on your own design. It's kind of hard building one when you have the design in front of you!! I believe this is my best one yet. Liv loved the double hill. She called it the bumpy bumpy slide. :)

And now for radomness at it's best.....

Liv looking like a cutie.






Liv being mad grandpa went to the SLC office. Self portrait.



This is me after spilling my slushy gatorade all over myself. Note to self: do not shake if the lid isn't tight :)



Liv driving her princess car in the jr high
The 2 cutest Laker fans I know!!!





















5 comments:

Sarah said...

I know just what you mean. I really love thanksgiving! Your porch looks great too! Yeah for Ryan! He is a great artist! My fav pic, the grumpy face on Liv!

Amber Miyake said...

I love your Thanksgiving decor! I agree that it is a fun holiday & often gets "overlooked" since Christmas is coming too. Ryan's artwork is awesome! Wow- what talent!! :)

teriandbristol said...

wow ryan is talented!! i am right there with you on the train tracks! whenever bristol takes apart, i say i am NOT building you a new one!!! it takes me forever! luckily, we have his train table so the track can stay for awhile. :)

Troy and Segi said...

I get so irritated that Thanksgiving is shorter lived every year. Why would anyone want to overlook a holiday that encourages high calories? People are CRAZY! I love Ryan's paintings, he is amazing and of course Livy is still a doll.

Anonymous said...

i found your blog from Cheryl's. I didn't know you guys were artists!
kristie carlson