Here I am, sitting at the computer, having anxiety, wishing Ry would get Liv to bed already! As Ry is turning lights off in different rooms Liv comes running up to me with one of the many pillows off my bed.
"Mom, can I just use this pillow to sleep instead of my pillow?"
"Sure".
Unbeknownst to me, she has already asked daddy the same question and been told her own pillow is fine. The following conversation takes place.
Liv: "Sir (her new favorite name for her daddy) I asked sister (her new favorite name for me) and she said sure I can just use this pillow."
Dad: "That's nice Liv. You need to learn not to parent shop*."
Liv: very excited "Oooo, a new game. I like to shop. I never play parent shop before."
Dad to mom: "I think that is one of the scariest statements she has ever said."
At this moment she is still very excitedly asking about how to play parent shopping. Ry is trying to put his foot down and say it's bed time, but there is that little lilt in his voice that always gives away the laughter and smile just under the surface. Good luck honey, I'm sitting this one out.
*For those who have not worked in mental health parent shopping is often refered to as staff shopping in care facilities. However, at home it just consists of finding the parent who is going to give you permission for something the other has already denied.
2 comments:
I had to laugh at this! And enjoy that Tyler is still too young to parent shop. :-)
What a crack-up! And she had no idea. Isn't the innocence of children so sweet?
Post a Comment