5k, Turkey Day, Black Friday....I need a vacation

Well, here is my ,once again, better late than never holiday post. Thanksgiving was full of activities and fun. I got up at 6 and headed to the Human Race 5k in Draper with my sisters. There were TONS of people. The highest number I saw was 1982, and they raised $30,000. Half of the money goes to the Utah Food Bank and the other half goes to LDS Humanitarian Services. It was so fun!! It was raining a little, but not too cold.

So here we are before the race. We just walked this time, no one wanted to be too sore for shopping the next day. It was a nice little leisure walk. We are thinking next year we will get more of the family to go with us. There were so many families.And here we are after the race. Brandi was so embarassed we had her take a picture with this guy, but I thought it was fitting since it was Thanksgiving and all. I had a great time and was very glad I decided to get a shirt.

Thanksgiving dinner was at our house and for the life of me, I don't know why I didn't take a picture of my table. Dinner was great, even though my layered Jello was much too firm. I will perfect it someday.

BLACK FRIDAY.......
What a great way to start off the Christmas season.......kind of. I have yet had to fight for anything. I could not believe the EMT's had to be called for 2 incidents at the Springville Walmart. We were able to escape unharmed. The line in Toys R Us was insanity!!! It winds all around the store and in and out the isles. It was a great day and much shopping was done. I am almost totally done with what I need to get. Now I just have to wrap it all. Below is our Walmart stash. No, that is not all mine!!!! We shopped for 12 hours that day. My feet are still recovering. All in all, this is one of my favorite things I get to do with my mom and all my sisters.

And last but not least, I wanted to share this picture of Liv with our landlord's dog. The guys who own the Window World building have this pooch in their office and he is slightly on the large size.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like fun! That picture with the indian runner is so funny! I love it.

Stephanie said...

Look at you! what a woman! just reading your post makes me tired! I am glad you had a great holiday! Even more glad you were not injured...at least by others selfishness...at the black friday sales. Note to self stay away from walmart on black friday. I know someone who got injured at the payson one and my mom and sis witnessed another injury at the lindon one. scary!!!! Glad you could have a great day shopping with family! how fun!!!