Merry Merry Christmas!!!

I truly believe Christmas is the most fun when you have children to get you all excited about it. I wrapped a couple of Liv's presents and put them under the tree on Friday. GOOD GRIEF!! Each day we are bombarded with questions about them. As Ry got ready to go work out Saturday morning this was the conversation I heard from the bathroom while laying in bed.

Liv: Daddy, what do you think the one from Winston is?
Ry: I don't know Liv. We will find out on Christmas.
Liv: Maybe it's my cupcake maker, or a frisbee, or a wagon, or some balloons.
Ry: Maybe. We'll just have to see.
Liv: I know what your present from me is....(followed by quiet whispering and then)
Ry: Wow that will be fun.

Needless to say, she told Ryan what we got him. We did cave and let her open his gift.....a giant bowling set. It is so much fun to play.

Our house is all decorated and yesterday Livvy built her first snowman. She was very worried about him melting because the sun was shining this morning. She also insisted that we run to the store for a carrot for his nose. She has made this whole Christmas season so much more fun!!! I can't wait for Christmas morning!!!!! I love Christmas. I know I say this all the time, but it is twenty times more fun now than it ever was as a child. I could care less about the presents for me. I just want to watch Liv open her's and see the absolute joy it brings her.


We have a family Christmas party tonight with all my extending family on my mom's side. Santa has been coming to this party my whole life. I asked Liv if she was excited to see him. She quietly asked if she could go play with all the kids, but go home when Santa arrives. I don't have any problem with that. I never liked Santa when I was little. I would rather she go have fun with her cousins and go home than have her stay and sit on Santa's lap and cry most of the night afterward.

A couple days ago we also went and did our Sub-for-Santa shopping with my dad. My dad and I have been doing this for a very long time, since I was about 10. It was so fun going to showing Liv that she doesn't always get to be the receiver of gifts at Christmas. Here are some fun pictures of Liv riding the rides at Toys R Us. My mom also came and met us for dinner. The last is obviously a very tired little girl, but she had so much fun.


3 comments:

Keri said...

I have to agree about Christmas being a lot of fun as an adult. I have had so much fun thinking of and preparing presents for my girls, Randy & our families this year. It is a magical, blessed time for me.

Kristin Jones said...

We're excited for Christmas too and can't wait for Alexis to freak out!! Hope you took lots of pics at the party!
Merry Christmas.

teriandbristol said...

Cute!!! She is so funny! Christmas is so fun!