Saturday was just exhausting for me. It was the 5k I have been training for with my sisters. Needless to say I will work out a little more frequently before our next one. :) The most important thing is I finished. It was so awesome to have Ry & Liv cheering me on as I entered the last leg. Liv just kept waving at me and Ry had a huge smile on his face. It was just awesome! It was also great as I crossed the finish line to see Kim and Zac standing there with them. I was so proud of myself. Thanks to everyone for all the support. Thanks Mom for finding me a knee brace. Thanks Heidi for the encouragement along the way. Thanks Ry for constantly believing in me. Thanks Brandi & Kim for being my running friends.
Here are some of my favorite moments from my first 5K:
1. Ry and Liv running across the lawn in the rain to see me off.
2. Ry pulling his iPod out of his pocket for me just before I started. It was such an amazing help. Thanks babe!!
3. Brandi waiting for me at the top of the hill and not realizing I was already there. (It made me feel so good to know I had made it up there much quicker than she expected.)
4. Watching my awesome sister help someone else along the way by carrying their little girl on her back, and telling me to just keep going.
5. Coming down the last hill and having the high school in site.
6. Bran catching me just as I was getting to the high school parking lot.
7. Having a friend from Liv's old daycare cheer for me as I started on the last lap around the track. Thanks Lydia.
8. Ry and Liv being there cheering for me as I finished!!!!
9. Standing with my sisters, all of us soaking wet, hoping to win a prize in the drawing and planning our next run. (There is a beautiful picture of us on our running blog!!)
It was an awesome weekend. Although I have bronchitis and Ry almost took me to the hospital early Sunday morning because my breathing was so bad. I sounded like my lungs were full of pop rocks. I have so much more empathy for my hubby when he can't breath. Ry thanks so much for watching over me from 3 am on. I love you!!
Well this weekend was both fun and exhausting. Friday night was so great!! Brandi had a Scentsy Party just a couple of blocks from our house and so we were most blessed to have the adorable Maren come play with us. I know in this picture Liv doesn't look like she is happy about the situation, but she was just mad I was taking a picture. :) She loved every minute Maren was with us and wondered if she was going to stay and be her sister. She was so helpful with everything, she even helped feed her and changed her dinner plans to have cereal just like Maren. Needless to say it made us even more baby hungry, but also so excited to watch Liv and see what an awesome big sister she will be when we do finally add to our little family. (Keep praying for us on that matter.)
5 comments:
Yeah Nat!!! Good job and congrats on finishing. What an accomplishment! Bummer you got sick.
Everything with apps is going well. It's just a ton of work. I can't wait until its over!
She is so cute! I can't wait until you have a baby!!! Anyway, love you! I am so proud of you for doing the marathon! I promise I will make it to the next one, even if I am super tired!!
Ter, it was a 5K. If I ever do a marathon I probably will die.
5K = 3 miles
Marathon = 26 miles
Way to go Natalie!!! You are awesome, what a great accomplishment.
Hooray for you doing the 5k! I hope you get to feeling better soon, too.
Post a Comment