Cute Livvy Story

I have been meaning to post about a very precious moment with Liv. We have just been so busy this last weekend with Art City Days and Liv's birthday!!
A little background for this story. As some of you may or may not know I had an older sister who passed away at 9 months old. She and I are my dad's only biological children and we are 3 days shy of being one year apart. I often wonder how my life would have been different if she had been here with me. Okay on to the story. On the day I ran the 5k Ry stopped by Evergreen Cemetery where my sister is buried. When I got home from the race Liv came and sat next to me on the couch and the following conversation took place.
Liv: Mom I saw your sister and the kitty today.
Mom: Huh?
Ryan: Melissa's headstone.
Mom: Oh. Yep there is a kitty on Melissa's headstone.
Liv: Yeah. Mom she is with Jesus, but don't be sad because he is going to bring her when he comes back.
Needless to say this small conversation brought tears to my eyes. I am so greatful to my Father in Heaven for blessing me with a child to remind of all the hope and wonderful things he has given me in this world.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! What a precious story! THanks so much for sharing it Natalie. It brought tears to my eyes too! Livvy is so sweat! You guys are such a special and amazing family. You guys mean so much to us. I'm so glad that we're doing a better job staying connected.

Anonymous said...

Nat - that is so sweet!! Livvy is such a cutie! Thanks for sharing that story! :)