New things...

Ry has been wanting to tie a new blanket so Saturday we ventured to the fabric store and found fabric for a blanket for each of us. After starting this process I borrowed Jan's sewing machine and have found I love sewing. In fact, I am going to take some quilting classes and start making quilts. Growing up we always had tons of blankets, mostly afgans, and I have a firm belief that all houses should have an excess of blankets. I don't have any pictures yet, but I will take some. We just got Liv's blanket on the quilting frames last night. I even made a fun little pattern and sewed it MYSELF!! I have never used a sewing machine except to bind a blanket so when you see pictures please keep that in mind!!!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Wow, good for you! I would love to get a sewing machine some day to develop that talent. Does Ryan help you tie the quilts? How wonderful!

Sarah said...

So I want to know if Ryan helps with the quilt? I have a secret, shhhhh don't tell Valane. He helps me tie quilts too!