
That was the best description that I could think of for how we all felt this weekend. Natalie and Olivia are as sick as could be. I have not been sleeping well at all. I have been just tossing and turning. My friend Rachel has been giving me lots of great advice. I am trying hard to set up a good routine around my bedtime to try to signal to body that it is time to relax and get ready to sleep. Natalie and I have been trying really hard to improve ourselves in all of the important areas, physically with diet and exercise, spiritually with obedience and prayer and study, mentally with reading and doing sudoku and crossword puzzles, and emotionally with positive talks, romance, service to one another, and words of affirmation. I am proud of the efforts that we are making in our life. We have been allowing Olivia the privilege of placing stickers on our calendar when she does good things like prayer, picking up, being aware of others feelings and her own, and any time spent on the potty. Yesterday, she got to place eight stickers up on the calendar. She peed in the potty last night for the first time. It was awesome to see how excited she got. Even though this last week has been hard for Nat, Livvy, and I, we really are blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment