The Jitters

As I was sitting here this morning I have been thinking about how best to tell my live-in therapist how much I appreciate his patience with his very anxiety strewn wife yesterday. I hate anxiety. I hate it because unless someone else has experienced it there is no way to truly explain the awfulness of it. But I consider myself lucky. I have not had a serious anxiety attack in....I don't know how long.But the biggest key is I have a husband who deals with similar situations every day. He knows how to do visual relaxation. He knows that sometimes I just need him to hold my hand so that I know I am not alone. But the most important, he has a strong testimony and knowledge of the power of prayer. My love thank you so much for praying for me when my mind was speeding too fast for me to do it myself. Thank you for being worthy of the Priesthood. I love you.

I better thank that little girl who lives in our home as well. When in the middle of an attack I always fear she will become afraid of me. Yet, each time she follows Dad's lead, often coming over and rubbing my arm and telling me not to worry. After finally making it through work yesterday and getting to just rest and let my medicine do it's job, Olivia was very excited to have me show her again how to find all the "A" keys on the piano and to play Primary Songs. Thank you Liv for helping add a spirit of acceptance and love in our home. I love you too.

Liv, making Mom laugh when she needs it most.

No comments: