The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson
We Be Homebodies….
This weekend was our version of complete non-productivity. We spent our valuable free time with each other doing nothing meaningful at all; however, it was some of the most therapeutic time we have had with each other in a long time. Natalie and I were so close throughout the weekend. Olivia was even in a laid back mood for us and that was nice. It reiterated the same feelings I had when my daughter was first born, that I am so glad that we get to be together forever. I love my wife and daughter more than anybody on the face of the Earth. It also makes me feel so lucky to have the parents that I do. I believe watching Natalie nurture and lovingly admonish Olivia reminds me of how much love my mother showed to me as a child and young adult. I am one of those fortunate people whose parents endlessly demonstrated their unconditional love for my siblings and me. Very few people in this world had the fun-filled, happy, loving childhood that we all enjoyed. Natalie’s ability to practice the charity and love described in the scriptures reminds me of my spiritual hero, my mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment