The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson
Forgiveness Divine...
“Emerson once wisely observed that, “The only gift is a portion of thyself.” With that thought in mind, the Lord Jesus Christ’ sacrifice takes upon itself the form of the greatest gift possible to give because he literally gave all of himself for us. Having a testimony of the Savior’s atonement in our hearts can help us on our quest to being born again, and changing our dispositions to no more desire to do evil but to do good continually. With knowledge of this sacrifice secured in every part of our lives, we can walk with new purpose on the path of service to the Lord, talk with enthusiastic excitement as we share our testimony with others, and live with meaning and a desire to continue along God’s revealed Plan of Happiness. “ This is the quote I am using in my gospel doctrine lesson this week on becoming born again. I am struggling to forgive in the way the I know I need to. I cannot sincerely ask Heavenly Father to forgive my sins knowing the price tag that was already paid for such forgiveness to hold validity, and not offer it to others. I am so lucky to have a great wife and daughter, and puppy. They are the greatest. I also have wonderful friends. I have been given so much by the Lord, and all He is asking is for me to be forgiving as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment