Heres to you kid!!


This morning as I got Olivia and myself ready I realized (not for the first time) how beautiful my little girl is. It made me think back to when she was only 2 or 3 months old and people would stop me in WalMart to tell me I had a beautiful baby. So here is a little list of my favorite mannerism and quotes from the most beautiful little girl I know.


Livvy is.....
Caring - I have never seen a child who knows so much about showing compassion to others. When Ryan came home from the hospital after his surgery he finally let sleep overcome him and just crashed. As he slept in his favorite chair Liv would often go over and just look at him, making sure her Daddy was okay. Once she tried to wake him because she had a question to which he incorherently muttered back. With a most confused look she shrugged her shoulders "I don't know Mom. I think he talks in his sleep." Another great example of her care is how she often remembers people in her prayers that she has heard are having a hard time Mr. Mac (our daycare owner's husband whose had his cancer come back.) Anna (our Nurse Practitioner) & Nate Kirby (her son who goes to daycare with Liv) who had lost a family member very unexpectedly, Uncle Brant who is having surgery this week. I could just go on and on.
Artistic - This is definantly a Reiser trait so thanks to you Grandma Jan!! Daddy also plays a big part in this has he is constantly buying them all kinds of things paint, color or draw.
Smart - I have recently learned that out of a class of about 15 children Liv is 1 of 3 who knows all her letters and their sounds. She is getting very good at trying to read and spell. I (just me not Ryan) was worried about her being so young in school since her birthday is in June, but she has proven that it will be to her advantage to graduate high school at 17 and be on the road to college! (I know I am looking WAY down the road, but am a mom I can't help it.)
Funny - If you ever read anything she says that I post on this blog you already know what a goof this girl can be! She loves to act like she is so mad and won't answer you. All it takes is one "well just don't smile about it" and she has a grin from ear to ear.
Dramatic - I know what you are thinking "gee wonder where she got that from?" And while I do know it is mostly my fault I have it on great authority Ryan was quite a dramatic child himself. Thanks for the info Grandma Jan!! As for Liv's dramatic endeavors if anyone could have seen the look on her face while explaining to Grandma Jan that Horton is an elephant at the movie last night, you would have all the evidence you need. Or if you could have seen the the hand over the eyes and head shaking this morning as Grandma Kathy explained she had lost her keys. Bring on the stage this girl is ready!!!
Spiritual - I have NEVER known any 3 1/2 year old who could so love the prophet. Olivia became so intrigued with anything to do with this "Presinent Hinky". If we listen to any conference reports in the car she immediately says "we need to listen to Presinent Hinky". Every elderly man in our ward is the prophet, this was especially funny after a man told her Hi and helped hold down the button on the drinking fountain. She was delighted he helped her get a dring. It was hard to explain to her when he passed. She was confused because he was on the T.V. Now she knows who the prophet is, but she always starts first with reminding us that Presinent Hinky is with Jesus. She is obsessed with making sure we have prayer. And always in her prayers she prayers "bless that Jesus will come back."

Heres to you Liv. We couldn't love you more.




No comments: