How quickly time turns…

On Saturday, Natalie, Olivia, and I went to my nephew Riley’s birthday party along with my extended family. As I went downstairs to help Olivia and Riley get his toys out, I was truly amazed at the thought that he was turning three. It seemed like just last month I was holding he and Olivia in my arms. They were little vulnerable babies. Now, they are little people with their own likes and dislikes, beliefs, opinions, and even senses of humor. I just get so sad when I realize how fast they grow up, and how much I already miss her being a baby girl. Aside from my soapbox about these babies growing up, we all had a fairly good weekend. My parents came over on Saturday to help us with the yard work. They are both amongst the hardest working people I have ever met. I consider that one of many treasures of parenting they offered to me, the example of righteously earning our living by the sweat of their brows. Their work combined with Natalie and Olivia produced a nearly finished yard. I was able to successfully teach my gospel doctrine lesson on Sunday.

No comments: