Memorial Weekend

After preschool graduation (see previous post) we went for a swim in our neighbors pool. Olivia has come a long way from being terrified to jump into Ry's arms to leaping into the pool on her own and even putting her face in the water (aren't you proud Teri?)

Here she is taking her one of her many leaping jumps. She kept talking to me like she was a news reporter because she saw Oliva the Pig do that on her show. It was so funny. She kept wanting me to record her, but no matter how many times I told her the camera didn't record sound it just never seemed to sink in.

The big splash. Yay!! Go Liv!!

Here she is chasing daddy. She has gotten really good at swimming all around the pool in her tube. I hope that is a good stepping stone for swimming lessons this year.

After swimming we went and got jammies on. Here are Liv and Winston chillin' on the love sac. Winston kind of claims this as his sleeping place during the day, but he was okay to share for a couple minutes. Once she started jumping he had had enough and left to find some quiet.
On Sunday morning we had an early morning meeting with a member of the stake presidency and Ryan was called to be the executive secretary for our ward. We were both surprised and excited. He will no longer be teaching primary with me, but Liv and I will still get to be together for all 3 hours of church. She was nervous we would both be released, but when I told her I would still be there she said, "Oh good. I need to be with my family." After church we went to Canyon View Park with my fam.

Here's Liv taking her turn at bat




Jaelan's ready to knock one out of the park. Grandma was not the best pitcher in the whole world :)

Chasing a ball



All the kids lined up for a race. Tav, Malorie, Jaelan, Olivia, Maren, Tag. Grandma was the ref. I don't know where Bentley was. I think Maren just wondered why Grandma was yelling???
On Memorial Day we went out to the cemetery. Ry's aunt and uncle are buried right next to my sister, grandpa, and great uncle. Quite a coincidence.

The kids liked looking at all the flowers and balloons all over the cemetery. Ryan made sure they weren't climbing all over anything. Olivia really liked the Thomas balloon that you can see by Ryan's leg.

Here's Liv standing by my sister's headstone. She loves the kitty on it. I always wonder what it would have been like to have my Irish Twin, we are only 362 days apart, with me when I was growing up? I can't wait to meet her!!

2 comments:

teriandbristol said...

I am so proud! I hope they do well in lessons this year. Bristol is so excited. Baseball pictures are cute!

Amber Miyake said...

What a fun Memorial Day! Are you sure you don't wish you guys were camping in the rain with us instead?! Ha ha! I wonder what it would have been like to have Melissa here when we were growing up too. Isn't it comforting, though, that we will get to meet her someday?! :)