I haven't posted for a while, and while I do have new pictures to post, I can't get them on my computer currently. I will in the next couple of days. Today I just thought I would use my blog to ramble about things that have been on my mind lately....in list form......in no particular order :)
1. The temple - I have been thinking about this because Ry and I need to make arrangements for Liv to be watched and go to the temple. We are also going to the Draper Temple open house this weekend. I am so excited!! My dad is going with us, it will be his first time in a temple. VERY HUGE!! At least for me :)
2. My little fam - I have realized, quite a lot lately, how blessed I am to have my amazing husband and beautiful daughter. They are my everything. I miss them when we aren't together. My favorite part of each day is when we all snuggle together on the couch and share a blanket. I am so grateful to know we are sealed for all of eternity through the Lord's mighty Priesthood.
3. Pregnancy - I know shocker!!! :) This subject has been on my mind in a different light than the previous 3 years of thinking about it. Over the last week I've learned of a friend who miscarried and then her sister lost a baby 2 days before she was supposed to deliver. I thought of the heartache of these situations and realized my struggle with becoming pregnant is minimal compared to what others have, and probably will, go through. I also went back and read Elder Spencer Condie's talk from the October 2007 Conference. In this talk he address the grief of Rachel as she demands of Jacob, "Give me children, or else I die." (Genesis 30) I think I've had that same thought at one point or another :) However Elder Condie reminds us that the Apostle Peter taught "the Lord is not slack in his promise, but is longsuffering" toward us. He talks about how we live in a time of one-hour dry cleaning and fast-food franchises, which sometimes make us think the Lord should answer our prayers in the same way, and if he hasn't we start to think He has put them on hold or filed them under the wrong name. The next words are his "With the passage of time we encounter four of the most beautiful words in holy writ: "And God remembered Rachel". WOW!!!! When I start to become mad about someone having their second child while I have strived to have one I try so hard to remember those four words. I really want to have a better attitude when I hear people are expecting.
4. Getting my school done - I have slacked in this area and now as we are on the short end to spring I really have got to buckle down and get it done!!!
5. Spring cleaning - It is time for a MASSIVE overhaul of our home and everything that is just stuck in a corner for lack of a better place to keep it. D.I. here we come
6. Better health - Living with the incredible shrinking man has made me realize I have got to kick myself in butt, because if I don't no one else will!!! Ry is so patient with me as I complain about my weight, yet make cookies and cake and skip the gym. Goal for the year: Be able to jog an entire 5k by the end of the year.
7. 5k's - I started doing 5k's last year with my sisters, the last on Thanksgiving. We are now looking forward to getting back in the circut and trying to run a 5k every month starting in either March or April. Hopefully I follow through with my fitness goals!!
8. Disney World - I am so excited for our trip this October!! Liv and I have started looking at the park websites on a pretty consistant basis talking about all the fun we are going to have. I don't even care if I'm ooper pregnant when we go. I am just looking forward to watching Olivia and Ryan experience Disney for the first time together!!!
Well, that's just some of the things floating around in my brain. Hope you weren't bored if you read all of that. If a blog is good for nothing else, at least you can always voice your thoughts!!!
2 comments:
When would you like to go to the temple? We would lOVE to have Olivia over to play.
372-0372
Kristie
Oh these are sweet thoughts girl! That is awesome that your dad is going to the teimple open house - that makes me so happy! :) By the by- we would Love to have Livvy come & play anytime - so you & Ry can go to the temple or on a date or anything! Do you think she'd be comfortable if you came with her one time and then the next time she could just come while you guys go? Seriously, we'd love to have her come!! You are sweet Nat, and I really felt the spirit a lot while I was reading what you wrote, so thank you for sharing! I'll remember you guys in my prayers & I hope that you can have another sweet kiddo soon!! You are awesome!
p.s. Do you think Lins & I could maybe do a 5k with you guys?! I was talking to her the other day & we both want to do one... And since this is now a novel, I'll also say when do you wanna go to Chuckie Cheese together?! Love you cuz!
Post a Comment