Okay, to start this I think it is pertinent to know Olivia had bowel issues for the first......3 years of her life. Due to this, any time she (or anyone else in the house, for that matter) has a bowel movement she feels the need to express her joy.
A couple days ago we were at Robert's and she informed me she really needed to potty. I was glad to take her because I needed to go to. She always insists on using the big stalls and that you don't flush before she has left the stall because the toilets in stores are "scary and loud". When she finished I told her to wait a minute so I could go. So there I am doing my thing when my adorable child says "Hey mom, are you pooing because you really stink." Not a big deal if there wasn't some one in the next stall!!!! So embarassing.
Just a couple of days following this Ry took Liv to Seagull Book to get a prize. She, of course, informed him within 10 seconds of getting into the store she had to go. They located the bathroom and she did her thing. Not 5 minutes later she tells him quite loudly she has to poo. Ry asked if she could hold it, but she demands to go back in the bathroom. Ry lets her go in and is waiting outside the door. After a couple minutes the door flies open and she exclaims "Daddy you have GOT to come see this poo. IT IS HUGE!!!! You will be so proud." With several strange looks and a couple giggles from strangers, Ry walks in to flush the toilet and politely let Liv know we don't share about our poo in public.
The next day she had gone into the bathroom at my office only to come out with her unders around her knees, dress pulled up to her chest and says, "Mama, I just had a big big poo and it hurt my bum. You better come wipe." Thank heavens we rarely have walk-in customers and all the installers had left for the day.
And last, but not least, last week at church I had taken her to the potty during sacrament meeting. There is a family bathroom in our church house and she loves to use that one, since she can go in by herself, and the toilet isn't loud. I waited outside the door for about 5 minutes when she opened it and exclaimed to me, several people from the other ward, and a few from our own, "I've been in here trying to poo, but it just doesn't come out!" One of my neighbors, with a chuckle, informed me that was very good information.
Hopefully, she outgrows this tendency to share her bathroom experiences SOON!!!!
5 comments:
Well until she does out grow it, I am enjoying it. That just made me laugh! I have to say that the best one was the one at Segualls. I would have been mortified but I do think it's hysterical.
I'm seriously cracking up! Kids say the funniest things - even though the things they say sometimes embarass their parents! That is really funny though! :)
Oh- by the by- Scooter is still having a blast playing with the train set! I have it in our playroom/computer room and so whenever I come to do stuff on the computer he plays with it! Thanks again for letting him use it! :)
Totally Hilarious!
Embarassing for you now, but funny stories to potentially threaten to embarass her with later:)
Hey Natalie,
This is Jenni (Box) Erickson. I just saw your blog on Facebook. I was laughing so hard at this blog, because my boys have said very similar things, so I feel your embarrassment! Good thing we can laugh about it afterward. Also FYI I have a blog too, http://thestlouisericksons.blogspot.com. Feel free to check it out!
It actually wasn't your class that he had, it was the Stylers. The Dorough's took your class yesterday.
Post a Comment