So I have been contemplating having my mom perm both mine and Livvy's hair. She gave me my first perm at 1 1/2. In fact, the first time in my life I didn't have a perm was my sophomore year of high school. Today I was researching a little to find out what the best perm is to use on a child's hair, as it as been awhile since my mom has done one, and found it so funny that there are TONS of people out there who think this is some kind of torture and CPS should be called if you think of perming your child's hair. WHAT?? I got a good laugh out of it. I think my favorite comment was "It's awful to try and permenantly change a child's looks at such a young age" ( this person was commenting about a 7 year old). Umm friends...just because they are called permanents does not mean they are permanent. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??? My next favorite, "You will do permanent damage to your child's hair for life". How does it damage hair that has yet to grow?? So I hope I don't offend any of you, but I am most likely going to perm Liv's hair. It will be cute. It will be fun and in a couple of weeks or a couple of months, depending on how it takes, it will be gone.
Oh, I better not leave out the great statement of "a perm now and a boob job at 16." Wow, if only these some people would get as worked up about how many children do not have health coverage and people in this country living on the streets and going without food. If only they were outraged that you get more time in jail in the US for selling drugs than for rape or sexual abuse of a child. Those issues kind of make a perm seem pretty insignificant.
5 comments:
Amen to that. I get so mad thinking about how little time rapists and abusers get. It also bothers me how well they live in prison. Don't get me wrong I don't think they should be tortured but I also don't think they should be able to work out, watch tv, earn money. If anything I think they should be required to work to compensate for the money they're costing the tax payers. I"m going to get off my soap box and get back to the point.
Livvy will look cute with a perm. I think your right. I was shocked to see such negative and how completely off base those comments were. It would be nice if people actually new what they were talking about when they get so worked up about something. : )
who would've known that a perm can bring the worst out of people, how pathetic. Im sure Livvy's hair will look so cute as well as yours. Make sure you post pictures of the finished product.
Yes, I think you should do it. As I said last night, I love your hair curly, and Liv will be so cute with curly hair! But, boy, hope you are saving up for that boob job now, because they aren't cheap... :)
I think a perm could be really cute! I have personally known thousands of people who have had perms and they are alive and well.
If you are comfortable with it than go for it! (And this is coming from someone who does think about chemicals in our lives and how they affect us) We don't know the true extent of what anything will do to us so...you have done research trying to find the safest one to use for Liv, researched negative possibilities/side effects and taken time to evaluate the answers received by your research.
You are a great mom who loves her dd and has put in the time, thought and energy to ensure you are not going to injure her for the sake of vanity!!!
p.s. I too think you should start to save up for the boob job now! Don't forget to save a little botox injections too! :)
Wow! People really get that worked up about a perm?! It seems so crazy when you think about all of the things that really are worth getting worked up about! Crazy! Me & Lins both had perms when we were kids too - and are both fine & dandy! hee hee! I'm excited to see a picture of how the perms turn out! Yay!
Post a Comment