Family Home Evening

After a long and challenging workday on my behalf, and a slower day training in Salt Lake City for Natalie, we invited my mother over for a night of family home evening. We also had Riley, our two-year-old nephew with us, and that made Livvy’s evening. We love having him spend time with us. Instead of spending the night watching television or playing sports or games, we use Monday evenings as a night to enjoy one another and teach the gospel. We had a lovely opening prayer by my mother. I
then shared a scripture from the Doctrine and Covenants about building a house of order. We then had an activity where everyone colored pictures of Jesus Christ
.
Riley and Olivia both sat with their grandmother and had a blast coloring with her. I used this time to color as well, and I tried to teach them that Jesus loves them very much. We then went upstairs and let the children play while we had a lesson on making our home more of a temple and more gospel centered. We then had game playing time with children. We let them throw darts and play air hockey. We had the toy chest in Olivia’s room opened up so that they could get lots of toys out. We then had Natalie give a great closing prayer and all told each other (especially the kids) how much we love one another. It was a great night for our family to spend quality time together. It is neat to see how much the kids love each other and their grandmother.


I love my mom with all my heart. She is one of the three amazing women in my life along with my wife and my daughter. I love Riley so very much. He has such great parents whom I love as well. They are Reed and Heather Perkins. Reed is my older brother. Tuesday night was much more relaxed as we spent the evening in scripture study and watching CSI. Olivia had a fun night as she and I played her xylophone for a long time. We read a big bird book together and that was fun. Natalie went to a motavational conference in Salt Lake City. She was able to hear from lots of great speakers including former NYC Mayor Rudolph Gulioni. He spoke on the need to Love the people around you creates great leadership. When we genuinely love others, they will be more likely to follow.

No comments: