Disney Pics - Animal Kingdom Days 2 & 5

Do not die of shock, I really am posting more Disney World pictures :) Due to laziness, and that we went to the Animal Kingdom twice, some of these pictures are out of order. However, I think I can honestly say this was everyone's favorite park!!! Here we are with the Tree of Life from Lion King in the background. The tree is amazing!! And there is a theater for It's Tough To Be A Bug inside it. By the way, if your child is terrified of spiders and loud noised DO NOT see tough to be a bug. Thank heavens for Disney having people to let you out. Olivia was in tears!!! But got over them quickly.
Me, my mom, my other mom and Brer Bear from the Splash Mountain Ride. Then I took another character shot with Turk and my daddy :) What is that?? Where is Olivia?? She is literally 100 yards away clinging to her daddy!!
Brant lookin' good in his safari hat. He is single ladies :) Olivia loved having him there. And I was glad to have someone to ride rollercoaster type rides with :) Even though I skipped Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom. My mom puked when she got off and Jan was sick. It goes backwards people.

Part of the Tree of Life. Dang Cool!!! My mom and Jan found it so funny that it was called the Tree of Life and wondered if someone at Disney had been reading the Book of Mormon!
Can you see all the animals carved in the trunk?
These monkeys were highly entertaining the second day while waiting to ride Kali River Rapids. I don't know why we didn't take a picture after the first time we rode it. I was sitting in a seat with my dad and a small opening seperated me from Brant. My dad and I were drenched from head to toe and Brant looked like he had not been on our boat. It was SO much fun!!!
Playing the drums in Africa...I mean Animal Kingdom. She loved them!!
Chillin' with dad during the jungle trek walk. We got to see lots of animals. The gorillas were so cool!!!
This guy was HUGE!!!Gorilla bum!!!
My cute little safari girl!! She was delighted that her lips were all glittery.
And my little girl does not at all have her grandparents wrapped around her little finger. Everyone getting their face painted.
Aren't they cute? This is one of my favorite pictures from our trip!! Right after this we fast passed our way onto the Kilimonjaro Safari, by the far the coolest thing I have ever done. The following picures are actually from the second day and I recommend if you go here get there in the morning and march yourself back to Africa and get on the safari. We saw far more animals closer up in the morning than in the afternoon!!
Lion
Elephant. We saw TONS of elephants.
Wildebeast! (I have no idea how to spell that!) But all I could think of when I saw these was the stampede scene from Lion King and I could hear the music in my head.I think these are African Long Horned Cattle.
Baby GiraffMama Giraff & "Ranger" truck
Snuggling hippos. Olivia thought it was silly they were using each other's bums for pillows. We saw so many more animals. Rhinos, ostiches and their eggs, CHEETAHS!! It was so fun!!
There are 2 jungle type walks. One featuring the gorillas in Africa and one with TONS of tigers in Asia. The greatest thing about Animal Kingdom is the whole park is SHADED!! And these walks let you see so many cool animals.
Outside the Rain Forest Cafe
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
Playing in Dinoland
Digging for dinosaur bones while mom, Brant & the grandmas rode Dinosaur. It was awesome!! And Brant's favorite ride.
Animal Kingdom has 2 FANTASTIC shows, The Festival of the Lion King & Finding Nemo the Musical. Here are a couple pictures from Lion King. Unfortunately, photography was not allowed during Nemo so I can't show you the AMAZING puppets.
Fire dancer during Be Prepared
Tumble Monkeys - amazing acrobaticsThe set and costumes were AWESOME!!! This park is so cool!! I will get last 2 parks pictures on here much sooner than I did these!! We have all been quite ill and VERY busy!!! But I need to be better about blogging :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks amazing!!! I love that tree of life! Looks like a blast!!

teriandbristol said...

Looks like so much fun!

Stephne said...

just a little tidbit of disney trivia...a lot of the stuff from Lion King show at Animal Kingdom came from the Lion King Parade in CA that left in 1998. I'm just full of useless Disney trivia!