Crazy Whirlwind Days

I did take pictures of Olivia after her first day of Kindergarten....and there was a big smile still on her cute little face. I jus have no idea where the camera is. When I find it I will post more pictures.

Kindergarten is still going GREAT!! Liv is ready to be at school every day by 7:30. She hates having to wait until 8:30 to leave for school. She told Ryan after the first couple of days that she did what they talked and prayed about and asked people to be her friend and "IT WORKED!!" She is constantly telling me about Chloe and Mason. It seems to me that she has grown up much more quickly since starting school. They have been talking about Nursery Rhymes this week and I have never heard Humpty Dumpty recited in such a continuous flow. She also informed me she is pretty sure the King's men ate Humpty Dumpty for breakfast since they couldn't put him back together :)

As for other updates, we are currently working on adoption paperwork, profiles and a blog. I was a little overwhelmed at the amount of paperwork, but slowly we are getting it done. And while we feel this is a good thing to do we are still doing all we can with fertility tests and medications through our doctors. Eventually, one way or the other, we will add to our family. So everyone please keep your ears open if you hear of anyone placing a child for adoption and steer people to our blog www.gettingtoknowtheperkins.blogspot.com . It is not completely done yet because our home computer crashed, but there is some stuff there and I would love any input you would like to give.

Sorry there are no pictures and this is slightly boring, but at least I updated you :) Oh and has anyone else realized Ryan is down to only 1 week before he gets to watch his all time favorite football time play live for the first time??? GO NOLES!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How exciting that you are filling out paper work for adoption. I'm sure it's a ton of work but such a great feeling. You guys are so great and any child that comes to you will be so blessed! We'll keep you in our prayers and you'll have to keep us posted.

I'm so gald Livvy is going so well with school. That's very exciting. We sure miss you guys!

Kristin Jones said...

It sounds like you've been busy! Your adoption blog looks great so far! We'll keep you in our prayers!!

teriandbristol said...

BORING!!!! just kidding. loves yas

Tasha said...

Thats neat you guys are starting paperwork for adoption! I hope it all goes well for you guys & you will be in our prayers!

I'm glad that Olivia is liking kindergarten so much! That is so neat!

I would love to have a big old reunion sometime & I know Dave would too! We didn't know about Valane & Sarah that is neat! sounds like they're going to get all the boys & us the girls!