Liv's Birthday

Make sure you are sitting down. Yes this little squirt really is 5!! Sorry it has taken me so long to post about her birthday. We had a great time. We woke up early and gave Liv a couple of her presents. Here is her stash of new Bearnstien Bear books, coloring books, crayons and MingMing of course. Everyone needs a wonder pet.
Posing before opening another present.
Woohoo, a new (and first) baseball glove. She was super exited. She also got some baseballs that are soft to help learn how to catch. After some breakfast we headed over to Springville to watch the hot air balloons. Grandma Jan, Reed & Riley met us there. Unfortunately, the weather had other ideas and the balloons weren't able to go up. Olivia was just thrilled to see her favorite piggy balloon :)
Then we were off to the zoo. It was a great zoo day. It was supposed to rain so it wasn't hot and there were NO crowds. The kids had so much fun. Oh on a side note, NO Reed doesn't usually dress his son in a coat with hearts on it. When we got to the zoo we realized Rylie had left his jacket at grandma's. Good thing Liv had an extra in the van.....as I look back we probably could have turned it inside out :)
Here are the two Ry's. Nothing better than a shoulder ride from someone who is over 6 feet tall.

We had not been to the zoo since they added this elephant. Most of you probably know that if you touch it it makes noise. Olivia FREAKED out. She would not get anywhere near it and even Riley, our little adventurer, was slightly taken back. But at least Reed could get him back over by it.

Right after this picture the camera died. I was very sad to not get Liv's picture with her favorite animal, the giraff, which she tried to feed leaves off the ground too.
I also didn't get pictures on the merry-go-round. We had a lot of fun. Olivia keeps asking when we are going back. We had more birthday celebration after this, but I will have to post the picture later. :)

3 comments:

Amber Miyake said...

What a fun birthday! I can't believe she is five though- that's crazy! :) And that is awesome that the day you went to the zoo rain was forecasted! Those really are some of the best days because it's not hot & usually not too crowded! :) We'll have to plan a trip together before summer is all the way over!!

Troy and Segi said...

Happy birthday Olivia! I know I am a little late but Im sure you don't care seeing how you had so
much fun!

Tasha said...

It looks like she had a great birhday!! Kids always love the ZOO anyway I know mine do! Glad she had a great day! Happy Birthday!